Bercon maps for max 2016

philvanderloo

2015 works but crashes max in some cases, so we need new compiled version...

Could you post a quick demo scene and repro steps where you see it crashing ?

I've set up everything to recompile it using the Max 2016 SDK, but would like to have a repro scene to check that it is'nt some bug in the Bercon Maps code itself...

Okay: i now got the plugin recompiled with the Max 2016 SDK

And see it crashes with Max2016 when maps display in the viewport is set to "Realistic with Maps". Those crashes do not happen in Max 2015.

So this is either some Max 2016 bug or a bug in the bercon code that "got away" until Max 2015

So this requires some fixing in the code. I don't know when and if at all i find time to fix it, but i'll have a look at it over the next few days. In the meantime as a workarround you should never enable "Realistic with Maps" when using bercon maps....

Edited by spacefrog

Thats strange:

the bercon maps should definitely appear in the available maps ( NOTE: they are maps only NOT complete materials )

This should work in 3ds Max 2016 even with the Max 2015 version of the plugins, without any recompile

Did you copy the file ( BerconMaps_2015_64.dlt ) to the correct place ( \plugins ) ? If it's still not working i could post a 2016 build, but if it's not really necessary, i dont' want to cause version confusion ...

Thank you very much Josef,

I tryed again and after restarting the computer the maps appeared, so it is working fine now....

The only problem is that they don't appear in vray RT mode, but that was the same already in 2015. It would be very interesting to have them in RT mode.

But apart from that it is just an amazing tool!

Thank you for your time!

• 8 months later...