Rendering Supermarket Interior HELP

richardcousins

Hi,

I am looking to set up a scene that is the inside of a supermarket. I dont want windows. I want to create a generic store so I can use it to render different pieces of POS so the client can see what they look like in-Waba-Super-Market-1.jpgstore.

The problem I am having is that I cant get my lighting to look like the lighting in the pictures attached. I just want a nice bright room (like a supermarket) with soft shadows.

Can any of you help me please?

Many Thanks,

Rich

Supermarket-Still-LR.jpg

I'm more looking for some knowledge and help on how I set up lights etc to achieve the lighting results above.

Can anyone help?

The best way to do the lighting is copy or follow the real location and lighting fixtures that the architect or developer planed for the room as F Suarez mentioned.

Having said that, if the plans call for many small lights together, you can use less lights but bigger (Plane lights) to mimic the lighting for those small or many fixtures. But don't get cheap and place 3 giant plane light, this will give you unreal and noisy shadows.

There is not magic trick. if you want to recreate reality, you have to re-build it.

after that you may need extra accent and filling lights for your product, just like a photographer will do in that instance.

...you can use less lights but bigger (Plane lights) to mimic the lighting for those small or many fixtures. But don't get cheap and place 3 giant plane light, this will give you unreal and noisy shadows.

I achieved the attached marketing image with 10 lights if I remember correctly, 9 in a simple rectangular array of 3 x 3, then a 10th to simulate a skylight.

Produce Test Rendering 020615 afx.jpg

• 2 months later...

I realise this is a few months too late, but have you looked into buying a HDRI which is of a shop floor and use it to light your scene? I seem to remember looking at some which would fit your purpose exactly. Some of them only cost £20~ or so and are extremely useful for other projects. They often come with blackplates so you don't have to model the environment, just add a plane with alpha for shadow casting and boom you're done! :)

• 2 months later...

maybe u cant do like this if u cant do it any other way.. make the lights on the ceiling self illuminating material with low power so that its only visible.. then put one big rectangular light that will cover the whole ceiling. go it its properties and make it invisible to camera and reflections.. that should give u a very even downlight and render time should be considerably low