My first 3d interior walkthrough

1434736536.jpg

Studio/Institution: Personal
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3ds max, vray, Marvelous designer, after effects
Description:

Hello everyone, I am karthik.. I am doing my UG in animation and VFX here in India. I would like to show my WIP of my first 3d interior walk through

Looking for your feedback's...

Edited by karthiksrinivasan

This is a good start! You should check out curves on your animated cameras. Right now every shot has the same "smooth" in and out of start/end of the camera path. On the bottomn of max where your timeline is, you can select/edit keyframes of your camera when you have it selected. If you right click you can set the curves to linear instead of smooth, that way the speed of the camera will be the same throughout the movement from A to B, i think that can better the "flow" of your movie. Also the effect of camera moving, then stopping and fading out while standing still is weird. Try to get it to fade out while moving. Good luck!

Thank your for your feedback Nicolai Bongard :).. I'll improve these from my next walkthrough'.. I am having some doubt on rendering exterior walkthrough, I am planning to make a walkthrough animation something like this

Should i separate the files for each and every camera and change the lighting to suite the scene or use one single massive file with all the buildings, vegetation and render everything in that same file? Because i can see so much attention has been given to those landscape shots and for me i think it's nearly impossible to render everything in one single file. And can i make an exterior with just a floor plan alone without an elevation plans? Because one of my friend said that some clients won't come up with an elevation, they use to give him only a floor plans. He has to extrude the floor plans and create the exteriors using his idea. Is that true? I love doing archviz but these kind of small technical things makes me confuse :D

Hi Karthik,

I may be only starting with 3D but I definitely know a lot about camera movements and edition.

I like the simplicity of the shots. Keep it that way!

I agree with Nicolai, do not let the camera stop before you fade out to a new shot. In order to make it all flow seamlessly reduce speed of the camera, set the interpolation to linear (no accelerating and no slowing down) and make sure your camera is moving all the time. When you fade out and when you fade in.

Fire that doesn't move definitely ruins the magic, so if you can get yourself a moving fire on the first shot.

The music seems too glitchy and broken for such a calm and elegant feel of the place. I'd look for something calmer or more fluid. If however you want to keep that kind of music I'd use some sharp cuts and consider syncing when you are cutting or fading in and out, currently they are not integrated.

The split screen effect is great and how you use it is quite clever. But you only use it once.

The two pivoting camera moves give a completely different feel and break the flow, they stand out as a fancy camera move when you want people NOT to think on the camera, but on the place. To keep the homogeneity not only with the edit but with the sharp right angles of the place, I wouldn't use them.

There's a glitch with the books at 0:42 below the table.

Oh and I LOVE the focus pull on the second shot. Great stuff.

So, fantastic work. Sorry I cannot help with the technical stuff yet, but I will soon. ;)