Vray Fur not editable?

charliepower

I've got an imported site from Revit that I need to make grassy with Vray Fur. I've isolated the sections I need and collapsed them to edit poly (also tried edit mesh) but when I apply fur, although the fur applies and appears in the viewport, the parameters are not editable and the fur renders standing straight up. I tried with a new spline-edit poly and this worked fine!

I don't want to mess around re-drawing out the grassy sections if at all possible. Why can I not edit the vray fur on the imported geometry??? Is there a way round this? :confused:

Unfortunately not!

I can edit the length of the fur, but not the gravity or bend. It's either straight up or straight down. It's as though it's frozen it with 1 section to the hair strand, but increasing the knots makes absolutely no difference. Interestingly I noticed the same result when I flipped the normals on the spline-plane? Simply taking the modifier off didn't do anything, it only worked when I unlinked the fur and then reapplied without the normal modifier. :confused::confused: