Invisible Reflective Floor

richardcousins

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you could help me. I'm looking to create a floor that is 100% see through but is reflective.

Basically what I do is render POS designs and we want have our units on an invisible floor but with a reflection so you can see the reflection of the unit that is stood on it. We would also like the material to fade out from the centre so that you can see the line between the end of the reflective floor and the image we use as a backdrop.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe try this:

Reflective Color = 255 - 255 - 255, Fresnel Reflections Off

Use a VRAY DistanceTex in the Opacity slot. In the DistanceTex settings make the far color black, near color white and select your POS object as the VRayDistanceText Object.

Play with the settings to get what you want.

Thanks for all the answers guys.

What I've tired to do is use vraymtlwrapper, set the alpha to -1.0 and in matte properties ticked matte surface and matte for refl/refr.

I've also ticked shadows and affect alpha and this is the result I get. I can still see the plane and the edges of it. What am I doing wrong? Plus I don't know why it looks like a light is shining through the base of the unit.[ATTACH]53200[/ATTACH]

1.jpg

Actually guys.

I'm still having a problem.

Here is a screenshot of my render.

So its a simple 2 light set up. I have the floor as a vrymtl wrappermap to be matte and only show shadows.

Now when I am in the vray frame buffer I am able to add a background image. Once I do this I then end up seeing the white where the plane is with the vrymtl wrapper on.

Why is this?

test 1.jpg