vray exterior lighting prolem

muddassirali

Hello, I have a problem with not being able to see what you are talking about because you didn't attach any sort of image of your scene or your settings.

So I am going to waste time by telling you a story that doesn't go anywhere, like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Well beyond all sorts of image composition issues (ie dead leaves that apparently have been raked off the grass but left on the asphalt as well as given the fact that every plant is hyper green, those leaves have been there for quite some time), your shadows need more definition. Right now for being in sunlight, the shadows are extremely diffuse. They need to have a bit sharper edges so either decrease the gamma of your HDRI and/or decrease the size of your vray sun.

Your HDR and your sun are also not properly aligned. You can clearly see 2 different shadow edges.

Then after you fix that, work on balancing out the shadows. The shadow side of the building should be a little more darker to help give the image some contrast.

This just my opinion and is no way a stone cold rule. If you can't get the HDR by itself to work right and give you all of the lighting you need, then don't use it at all. It's overly complicated to do the dual HDR + Vray sun hack. There are too many factors that need to be adjusted and cost you time that could be better spent really dialing in the lighting. There are plenty of high quality HDR's (even free ones) out there that you don't need to do this trick from 8 years ago. So either use the Vray Sun + Vray Sky or just use an HDR by itself.

You also have Environment override on with a light blue color, so your dome light with the HDRI is useless for lighting purpose. it will affect your reflections only. but your overall GI color comes from that light blue color that you setup.

As a beguiner try to keep things simple as Scott mentioned. try with Sun and Sky first, you'll get way more flexibility and really good results.

After that, work in details in your modeling. adjust your camera position, look and compare photography from similar houses and see how the photographer frame his shot, try to imitate that.

Forget about the atom leaves with a summer green landscaping in the back, that does not make seance.

So I am going to waste time by telling you a story that doesn't go anywhere, like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Give me five bees for a quarter," you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

You sir, are my hero.