VRay RT engine rendering significantly darker than production

thomascoote

RT.jpg

Hi,

Searched multiple forums trying to find a solution to this but can't find anything. I'm trying to use VrayRT to adjust my lighting levels to avoid multiple test renders and to generally speed up my workflow.

The problem is that the RT render comes out extremely dark. Attached is an example - this rooms comes out looking perfectly normal in a production render, RT gives this.... I've read people had success with unchecking "affect colours" but the vray help files say this is the equivalent of turning your colour mapping off in 3.2 which I tried, also doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated, I really can't figure this out.

Thanks,

Edited by thomascoote

Using the Vray frame buffer and linear workflow in you non-RT setup?

This is what it was in the end. Spent a while last night researching the problem, eventually led me to a great tutorial video that laid out the importance of linear workflow and how to adapt it. Now I'm not only seeing much better render results with amazing control in post, but I can use RT again.

Only problem I'm having is using RT on CUDA on my Quadro K5200 uses 100% GPU causing the system to grind to a stuttering mess whilst it's rendering.