Vray Proxy not rendering :( help!

husainzaidi

Hi, this is my first post here. Or, ever in a software forum :) I've recently started learning 3ds max on my own (started about 45 days ago) and its very tough to grasp, I must say.

I'm having problems with Vray Proxy. I want to create realistic grass, like the people at Evermotion do. Using Vray Proxy.

I followed their tutorial here http://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/show/7958/creating-3d-grass

Instead of creating my own grass blades, I used an Evermotion model. Picked its material in Vray Material Editor. Then converted it into Vray Mesh. Imported the proxy back into the model, and it came as a box. Like it should.

But now when I try to render it, the original grass patch is rendering but not the proxy.

I've tried applying the same material to the proxy, but its not working. I was using Vray.

Just to try everything, I switched to Default Scaline renderer and to my surprise, it gave me error at the time of rendering, 'The following objects require map coordinates and may not render correctly' and in the list was bunch of things along with Vray proxy 01.

But no such message was given when I render using Vray.

How can I fix this, please help? :(

It has been bothering me since many many hours and I feel helpless.

Thankyou :)