network rendering lower version to higher version in 3ds max

pradeep arote

hi guys,

Here I am facing an issue in 3Ds Max Design. When I am submitting my 3Ds max Design 2014 file to 2015 in network render, its not getting started on server. is it any issue from lower version max to higher version max? But previous max versions were working fine.

I am having three 2014 max license pcs and two 2015 max pcs. network rendering is going fine is 2014 version pcs, but in 2015 its not getting started when I am submitting from 2014. I am not understanding the issue...

I am using V-ray 2.4 version for 2014 max and V-ray 3.03 version for 2015 max.

Pradeep if I understand correctly you have Max 2014 & 2015 on your network and your trying to render to them. This goes without saying but that's not going to work, you need to pick one version of Max and get rid of the other. You just can't render to two different version of Max on the same network, everything must be the same to insure your frames render correctly.

All you need to do is ensure that Max 2014 AND Max 2015 are installed on each computer. Backburner will start the version of Max that the job was submitted from. So 2014 files can ONLY render on machines with 2014 installed. When you start up the server, you should see the versions of max it is loading, so you need to see both 2014 and 2015 loading under the adapter info at the very top of the server dialog.

As Devin pointed out, this is why it is just best to choose one version and run only that version.