Hi! CgArchitect!

kriscabrera

Hey guys! Am Kris! I am currently trying a new skill out which is ArchViz! I am a Lighting artist for film/Commercial, but lately i have been wanted to do some more Archviz work! been lurking around the forums for a while learning from everyone! thought id say hello! I will be uploading a piece i made soon! Thanks for all the awesome tips here! you could check out some of my work here!

http://www.kriscabrera.com

Hey, welcome Kris.

I see a huge discrepancy between your Luxury Chocolate images and the Roombath. In the LC everything is perfect - textures, seductive lighting, mood created, etc. where as with the RB the lighting is glare-y, the wood is lifeless, the steel is too silvery, the camera is pointed down to a hot spot on the floor, wood grain looks oversized on the floor.

The same principles and standards of product viz apply to Arch-viz. I would remove it until it you get it up to the same level of quality of your other work.

I know you're saying you're just beginning in this genre but it's just that it makes your portfolio look inconsistent.

Uh-oh......................I hope you take criticism well and this doesn't become a repeat of a heated thread we had last week.

Edited by heni30

I realize that; the ONLY point I'm making is that it throws the portfolio off balance when everything else looks so professional.

I also said the Luxury Chocolate series was amazing.

Edited by heni30

Great work, though a bit wonky on the navigation of your site. You really need to direct link to your images from the banners. For example, the Krete House project. Clicking on the banner takes you to a larger banner and not the site with the images. You have to find the check it button at the bottom to see the project. My first action was to click the banners, not the button or the title text.

I almost gave up on viewing the rest of your images as I don't have the time to go button hunting. You need the easiest way to get to your images or else people who have to slog though portfolio after portfolio during a hiring crunch are just going to give you a pass. Which is a darn shame when the quality of your work is more than enough to warrant a call back.

I love it! i dont usually get many responses on forums! this is all great info! let me start from

george:

I do agree with you on some points. Its pretty old and is the first archviz ever done. I have hopefully improved on that topic. And yes i love critics and comments, i dont take much personal! all to make for a better artist!

Chris:

Thanks man! i am actually posting that one up tonight, i just finished it last night!

Scott:

I definitely agree with you on this and i am currently working on this! Thanks!

Tom:

I just now noticed that! lol but i didn't use the same model lol. Now that i look at it i could of

Thanks alot guys! i will be posting my Krete house renders soon! would love feedback and more comments on how to improve!