House Near woods

jagjitrana

I think you need to check the scale of the map you are using for the driveway. And your depth of field is off making your house look more like a doll house set out on a patio and photographed with the woods int eh background. That dead tree on the left edge is really distracting and blocks what looks to be like a tree house, which in itself is just weird and out of place. For lighting it could use some more ambient occlusion.

Thanks for the reply man :) Any way I could make the treehouse fit in? Perhaps put it behind the house? Put in the edits, additionally put the tree on the other side

exteriorTest.jpg

The tiles on the driveway look much better thanks. Can't believe I missed that!

You should also work on your lighting. It seems like you background trees are way to big and dont match the lighting on your 3d elements, i would kill the tree in the foreground completely, It also seems like there is a garage on the right? if so it seems very small as well. I would go even more tilling on the driveway. Hope this helps!

You should also work on your lighting. It seems like you background trees are way to big and dont match the lighting on your 3d elements, i would kill the tree in the foreground completely, It also seems like there is a garage on the right? if so it seems very small as well. I would go even more tilling on the driveway. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply

exteriorTest2.jpg

Made the tiling smaller, in regards to the garage it is the right size(2.5metres tall) I'll see if I can adjust the HDR to be more realistic in size.

exteriorTest2.jpg

tiles look better, best way to adjust those is to get the correct size of them and create a plan that size for reference, there is something about the image that is throwing the scale off, could be the house......, not quite sure
Doesn't seem its the house, the house clocks in a bit over 20 feet. exteriorTest3.jpg

Made a small brick primitive and used that as a guide for the tiles, I think I may need to adjust the texture in photoshop since, there is a a huge block of darkness on the tiles.

Additionally the treehouse, is about 7 feet higher then the top of the house.

Edited by jagjitrana

• 2 weeks later...

Saw what was missing, there was another tile texture I had behind the door number, I corrected to the right scale and additionally found a photo on my found that was taken at a similar height to the camera, and used that as HDR.exteriorTest5.jpg

Haven't used it yet as a map in MAX, just purely Photoshopped it in.