Vray Frame Buffer Colour Corrections

Joe Luckett

Hi,

This doesn't happen all the time but occasionally get a problem after I've rendered and saved out my elements. I like to save out a brighter and darker pass to blend with the RGB in Photoshop. However sometimes the colour corrections bar disappears and the button to open it in the bottom left of the frame buffer doesn't do anything meaning I cant alter the curves, exposure etc. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix without restarting Max?

Thanks

Hi,

This doesn't happen all the time but occasionally get a problem after I've rendered and saved out my elements. I like to save out a brighter and darker pass to blend with the RGB in Photoshop. However sometimes the colour corrections bar disappears and the button to open it in the bottom left of the frame buffer doesn't do anything meaning I cant alter the curves, exposure etc. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix without restarting Max?

Thanks

That's a bug I've experienced a few times myself. Restarting Max only way I've found to fix it.

Curious why you save out a brighter and darker pass? And if you're rendering as 32-bit can't you just duplicate your base layer, apply your corrections to each and then blend?

Hey Joe - without sticking my nose in too much, a simpler way to get the same result may be to use a curve (or other) adjustment layer in photoshop above the base render. This way, you just need to replace the base RGB layer when updating - you may find it streamlines your workflow a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks

I have also experienced a similar issue of the corrections bar disappearing. Its not the most convenient fix but I've found that unticking the button (i.e to hide the correction bar even though its not visible anyway) and then rendering out at a different output resolution will allow you to press the button again and see the corrections bar.

As long as you're using history you shouldn't lose anything, as the resolution change refreshes the frame buffer. Again not the most convenient of solutions but quicker than restarting Max.

Hope it helps