Volume light

komyali

Using Vray, if you use Direct light you need to use shadow map not vray shadow to create volume light (volume light in effects) but it wont go through glass ??? How to solve this. Tried with VrayEnviromentFog, very bad attempt... Need for animation

What is the problem with VrayEnviromentFog? could u post an image -I've never tried it with animation though-

and actually I second what Corey have suggested because that would give u way more control with pretty simple setup check this tutorial :

http://www.fourdimensions.co.uk/wordpress/?p=499

If u want to keep using the standard shadow map then try to exclude the glass from "shadow casting" only from exclude/include list under the light properties .

Cheers.

Great tutorial! I will help me for something else :) But I have direct light that shine my window and room, I want morning volumelight, I have no idea how to do that, animation is also second problem, if it is one render I would do it in PS.

If you do like the tutorial only with your direct light instead of the IES light, it could work? Perhaps make a copy of your light and set it to not illuminate/shadow cast other objects, only affect the fog, and in the fog settings set it to only work with that one copy of your light. That way you can set the copy to whatever brightness it needs to affect the fog the way you want. Not sure if it would work but i guess it should.