Vray RT 3.2 - CUDA - GTX970 - Whole Computer stutters - CPU Usage 10%

mauriciofritz

Hi,

i have a little poblem while visualizing Models in 3DS Max 2016 with Vray RT 3.2 on Windows 10.

PC Setup:

CPU: Xeon E3-1230 V2

Graphic: GTX 970

Memory: 8GB

Everything is working fine, expect running Vray RT (Cuda). While running this, the whole Computer is stuttering. Even the Mouse Pointer moves very laggy. But the CPU Usage is about 10-15% at this time. I have no idea why this could happen. Running Vray RT in CPU mode works fine. But i want to use my graphics card for fast previews of my models.Please help me :D

Thank you!

If you have only one GPU on your system, you may find that the user interface becomes sluggish and unresponsive while V-Ray RT is rendering on the GPU. To alleviate this problem, reduce the Rays per pixel and/or the Ray bundle size parameters in the Performance section of the V-Ray RT renderer settings in the 3ds Max Render Setup dialog. For example, you can try values like 128/8 or 128/4. This will break up the data passed to the GPU into smaller chunks, so that the user interface requests can be processed faster. Note however, that this will reduce the rendering speed. Turn on the statistics display to check the difference in render speed and to find the optimal settings for your system.