Riviera House

Rafael Reis

Nice Job.

I see nothing to knock really. 2 Months is fairly reasonable production time for a one man job or small group project, but I think that ideally that would be using a lot less pre-made assets. I see a lot of downloaded models in there and possibly some foliage and materials stuff too.

The essentials are there though, the lighting and post production are well done, and the scene looks really good so I think this is a great marketing piece and paid gigs would be more streamlined the more you do.

What is the FPS for a basic machine and is this baked or dynamic lighting?

Thanks guys!

90% of the modeling/texturing/modeling etc was done by me, even the foliage. There are similar models on internet, but I have choosen re-model everything, just to optimize the final result.

The walktrough is running at 80-100 fps on a Geforce 970. The lighting was baked inside UE4 and it took about 8 hours on a Dual-Xeon 2670 v3.

I spent two months because I had to learn, understand and develop by myself a lot of things. This was by far the most complex archviz job that I have ever done. If I start this project today, with pre-made things, I could finish it in 10-12 days.

I'm working in some video lessons using UE4 for architecture and I think I will finish it in december.

Edited by Rafael Reis

Most of the good game engine demos I've seen seem to involve a single light source from the environment. Is there an inherent problem with artificial light using these tools? For example, I have yet to see a decent scene portraying a brightly lit livable interior. They just all seem to be created in a time where the power grids are shut down and humanity has vanished.