alpha map for glass behind glass help

simonm

Hi all

I have a bedroom scene overlooking the city. The view looks through the the glass balcony doors and then looks through the balcony glass ballustrade. I have put affect all channels in the refraction slot for the glass and i dont know how i can have the alpha map affect 'glass behind glass' if that makes sense. I have attached the clay renders so it makes more sense in what im trying to say......

Thanks heaps for any assistance

bedscene.Alpha.jpg

bedscene.RGB_color.jpg

alpha fix.JPG

Hi Keira thanks for your email... any chance you can share the glass material? I cant figure it out as on the material i have ticked 'all channels' from within the affect channels dialogue.

I cant figure it out -

So your problem is not seeing the balcony glass balustrade in alpha element?

I think there might be something missing in your glass material setting... I try a similar scene and every glass object does appear on alpha element.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53518[/ATTACH]

testAlpha.zip

In the case there's something wrong with your file, check the max file attached. I don't see anything special in this material as you see in the screenshot. (Affects color+alpha or affects all channels doesn't make or break in your case, either of them is ok...

Email was automatically sent to you by the system based on your subscription setting in this thread :)

MaterialNothingspecial.jpg