Large Speckles on an evening scene

MarcellusW

I've rendered two images; one 800px wide and the other 3000px wide. You will notice in the 800px there is what looks like a reflection of light on the floor below the wall lights. When I render this same image at a higher resolution, this reflection turns into multiple speckles. An effect I am not going for :)

Anyone know an easy answer to solve this?

Thanks!

Large Format Patio.jpg

exposure 7 with lights 3.jpg

those are your glossy samples, with interpolation in your material, un-check interpolation and increase your samples.

Don be shy 250 is ok. if you are using the unified system you have a few options.

Fist increase the contrast noise threshold. Default is 0.01, try 0.002 in all of them.

also you can increase in global tuning, the glossy precision multiplier.

and finally you could increase the max samples per pixel. default 128. You can try 260 or so.

That tile seems pretty simple I will recommend to model it instead of displacement.

To get a nice displacement you need a very clean image, with small soft gradient for the edges and unless you paint it manually, a simple B?W image won't do.

Try to use floor generator script. That will do the trick very quick and will give you the options to put more details in your tiles.

or just model it, it should not take that long at all and the result will be way better than displacement.