Interior Atrium, suggestions needed.

samlarge

1442094641.jpg

Studio/Institution: Personal
Genre: Commercial Interior
Software: 3D Studio Max
Description:

So here's a work in progress, based loosely off of one of the images in Alex Roman's Third and Seventh.

The island in the middle of the water feature needs some work around the edges and I'm thinking of putting a cherry blossom in the middle (thought it may be too big). Obviously the water needs adjusting/lowering too. Playing with the idea of putting gravel at the bottom of the water feature but I'm not too sure how well it will work. The stuff on the right hand side is unfinished vines from guruware's ivy generator (need to add a leaf mesh in place of the planes)

I'm currently stuck on what to do with the doors/openings at the back - what kinda framework to put in etc.

Material wise, I'm thinking a portland stone for the floor tiles, polished black marble/granite for the water feature section. The rings on the walls/ceiling are going to be a light timber with the actual material of the roof being a brush aluminium.

Any critiques/suggestions will be greatly appreciated (constructive only though! :D )