V-ray .vrmat converter- converting scene materials to vray

philvanderloo

Am I misunderstanding how this tool works?

I thought this has the capabilities to convert all scene materials in a Revit import to vray materials?

So I choose a folder for vrmat export directory and several folders are created in this folder with vrmat files.

I thought I would be able to just convert all mats in my scene to vray.

I was using scriptspot's VRAYmtlconverter v2.5 but, unless things have changed, it's not compatible with max 2016

Any new tricks available?

Thank You

That seems strange, i do that all the time. Allthough i import .3ds files that have been exported from Archicad, perhaps you do something different? Also it may have something to do with multisub or other "fancy" materials? When i export from Archicad i export by material, so that there are no multisub materials. Sorry i dont have any solutions for you, good luck!

Tried importing by materials. Still not working. I'm confused though, as I can't figure out why the program asks for a "Vray export directory" when converting?

Not sure where I'm supposed to specify that or why. Or what to do with it after creation.

But all materials are still remaining as "autodesk generic"

It seems the vrmat converter is something different than what i use. From what i can tell it is supposed to convert vray materials to the new vray material format that is made for sharing materials between vray for different programs? If so it is perhaps not so strange that it will not convert standard or arch and design materials. Then you may have to convert materials into "standard" / "old" vray materials first, and then convert them to the fancy new vray material. However all of this is pointless if the new converter does not work. However, i checked earlyer today, the method i use to convert standard materials to vray materials (right click in scene - vray material converter - press ok) only works for separate materials, not multisub.

• 11 months later...