"God" light or light ray!

mariuselgsaas

Hey guys, i am a student at a school in norway :)

We are having a interior scene project.

I am currently creating this scene were i want to have these beams/god/ray lights coming through the news paper on the window, making a ray and hitting the floor.

I have been trying to change the environment, and using a environment fog on the render settings, but it just gets weird as all the lights get fog. I have tried to use the effects tab with the fog on a spot light, but it doesnt seem to work either.

I would really appreaciate some help!

Now suddenly when i add the environment and everything, it just goes dark, and intensity on lights doesnt make a difference?

This has to be in Vray, and its in autodesk, not 3ds max :)

Thank you for all the help given! :)

12060083_10153023161852136_1278919742_o.jpg

Sorry for the not cg perfect, its my first room and havent even gamma corrected everything yet :p

Edited by mariuselgsaas

You need to use Vray Atmosphere. You'll also have better luck using a box as a gizmo for the fog and place it by the windows. It'll help control the fog a bit better.

See this tutorial on the subject: http://www.the-boundary.com/blog/2015/5/2/carey-house-tutorial-08-atmosphere

Forgot to say this is autodesk, not 3ds max, whats the shortcut for enviroment?

Edited by mariuselgsaas

You need to use Vray Atmosphere. You'll also have better luck using a box as a gizmo for the fog and place it by the windows. It'll help control the fog a bit better.

See this tutorial on the subject: http://www.the-boundary.com/blog/2015/5/2/carey-house-tutorial-08-atmosphere

I am using autodesk, you know where the environmente is then? Expect rendering settings?