Curve Editor is completely blank

Roodogg

• 11 months later...

hi josef,

Thanks for your suggestion. I read on the autodesk forum that renaming the ENU folder and let Max rebuild the folder strucure again solves the curve editor problem. Issue with this is that a lot of plugins and scripts stopped working, so I have been restoring them almost 1 by 1 until most of them are working again (and checking each time if the curve editor opened fine) Took me a few hours though :-)

Next time I'll give your suggestion a try first

Menno

The ENU folder delete trick is like killing an ant with a sledge hammer

It's true that it solves many problems, but you will loose every customization ( menus, shortcuts, 3ds max preferences etc ) when doing this. So i guess most people recommending this so lightheartedly work on vanilla, non-customized 3ds Max installs only ...

• 2 weeks later...
or keep a solid working copy of ENU as a backup for when things get borked... which is ever since max 2015 and windows 10 - my hunch leads me to think its a windows permission issue... which ill iron out one day.

indeed a good tip! For now I got almost everything working again. Deleting the ENU folder also cleared out some old scripts and Max is running smoother again and the curve editor is working .. so for now I am happy :-)