First post in this forum - Need Critiques

augustobohm

1444393748.jpg

Studio/Institution: Corner Computer Graphics
Client: None
Genre: Commercial Interior
Software: 3ds Max
Description:

Okay, this is my first post in this forum, also is my birthday so, take it easy... ;)

I need some critiques about this render, that's all.

This is a non client scene, just or fun, i saw something like this on my pinterest dashboard and i started as a dark scene with only the table lamp on lighting the table, but as you all know, we love to change the moods of our scenes, but i'm not saying that i will not do a night render, i will, i promise you!

Hola,

I don't think is a bad image, maybe people have not commented because there is not much to it, composition wise or technically.

It is good, a lot can be improved for sure but not knowing what you are aiming to or if you are learning or what you tried to archive or tell with this image, it feels like, meh

No offences but as you can see in this website, there is tons of images every day, so we all become desensitized I guess :p

Edited by fco3d

This is all I got...

The scene does not appear to have a lot of contrast in the darker areas. If the only light in the scene is coming from the window, then I would expect the shadow areas on the bookshelf to be darker. The pencils should have more light and shadow as well. It's like the GI is too high.

The wood texture on the windows needs some work. It is a little too grainy for being that close.

Since you have spent so much time on the details of the pencils, monitor, and camera, it only makes since to take that detail to the window as well. How does the window close? Where is the sill? maybe the mullion of the window are thicker which pulls the glass away from the edge. Does the glass top butt against the window? Is there a better way of illustrating that?

Nice image otherwise.

Hola,

I don't think is a bad image, maybe people have not commented because there is not much to it, composition wise or technically.

It is good, a lot can be improved for sure but not knowing what you are aiming to or if you are learning or what you tried to archive or tell with this image, it feels like, meh

No offences but as you can see in this website, there is tons of images every day, so we all become desensitized I guess

Yeah, Francisco, i saw that. kkk But if i want to make better renderings i need some advices from the pros. It is more a concept image to add to my portfolio. Thanks :)

This is all I got...

The scene does not appear to have a lot of contrast in the darker areas. If the only light in the scene is coming from the window, then I would expect the shadow areas on the bookshelf to be darker. The pencils should have more light and shadow as well. It's like the GI is too high.

The wood texture on the windows needs some work. It is a little too grainy for being that close.

Since you have spent so much time on the details of the pencils, monitor, and camera, it only makes since to take that detail to the window as well. How does the window close? Where is the sill? maybe the mullion of the window are thicker which pulls the glass away from the edge. Does the glass top butt against the window? Is there a better way of illustrating that?

Nice image otherwise.

Wow, i didn't noticed that, that's a lot of details i've forgot. Thanks!! I will fix it and post the new one... :D