projector maps & vray

niellennium

Hey folks - is it possible to use a target spot with a projector map while rendering in vray, should I use "vray shadows" or "raytraced shadows" or ...?

On top of all of this, I also want to add volumetric lite to this ! Probably better off with juss ye 'ol "scanline renderer" eh ? Where do I adjust the intensity of da lite - In the standard multiplier or in the bitmap material properties rollout ?

well guys -ehe - this question sure didn't bring much attention to itself.... !? I found out, that it's possible to use the good 'ol "direct target" lights with projector map and vray (only works with raytraced shadows btw) but does someone know if this is also possible with targeted "spot lights" ? U see, I wanna make my shit look like a really big movieprojector thats almost of the brink of exploding with light - so I need a "cone like" projectory of da lite......!

Hope someone feels up 2 answering this...dammit....!

:p

well guys -ehe - this question sure didn't bring much attention to itself.... !? I found out, that it's possible to use the good 'ol "direct target" lights with projector map and vray (only works with raytraced shadows btw) but does someone know if this is also possible with targeted "spot lights" ? U see, I wanna make my shit look like a really big movieprojector thats almost of the brink of exploding with light - so I need a "cone like" projectory of da lite......!

Hope someone feels up 2 answering this...dammit....!

:p

Your best bet is to render the screen as a self illuminating surface which can make for some cool interactive pass back in the room. Then for the volumetric effect of the projector do a second pass in standard max and composite the two together. That way you can control the volume after you do the render. Don't forget to make a matte object for all the other objects in your scene. You could try doing an "over" in after effects (or whatever you are comping with), but I think a "plus" could be better.