Hi,

We used Twinmotion a few years ago. And it was not a good experience, to say it politely.

We soon changed to Lumion. Lumion an maybe LumenRt are the two programs Twinmotion has to compare to.

And considering what is possible with the Unreal engine and the free use for architectural visualization I am thinking about leaving Lumion behind, too. (Although Lumion has the best import of 3d models I have ever seen and the ease of use is nice.)

Now looking at those pictures, I can only see the huge gap between what is possible with Unreal and Lumion and what you are showing us here.

I do not want to be harsh, but it is a realistic comparison.

Bye, Jan

Hi,

We used Twinmotion a few years ago. And it was not a good experience, to say it politely.

We soon changed to Lumion. Lumion an maybe LumenRt are the two programs Twinmotion has to compare to.

And considering what is possible with the Unreal engine and the free use for architectural visualization I am thinking about leaving Lumion behind, too. (Although Lumion has the best import of 3d models I have ever seen and the ease of use is nice.)

Now looking at those pictures, I can only see the huge gap between what is possible with Unreal and Lumion and what you are showing us here.

I do not want to be harsh, but it is a realistic comparison.

Bye, Jan

Hi Jan,

Thank you first for your opinions

For Twinmotion, we have a different philosophy compared with Lumion or Unreal engine. We want it to become a simply tool which anyone can use it without expertise; a fast tool that you can generat images in seconds, videos in minutes and now executive real time standalone project.

You import your 3D models (FBX, DWG, DAE, SKP, C4D, LI3..), apply materials, then add vegetation, animated people and vehicles in several clics, then set your camera and export. All the workflow is fast, simple and in real time.

You can't do this in Unreal engine, nor in Lumion.

Since Twinmotion 3 that has been released last October, the software has been compeletly changed, with a new "user-friendly" interface and many other new features. As you said that you have tried Twinmotion a few years ago, maybe you could give a chance to this new Twinmotion

If you need more information, don't hesitate

Cheers,

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion

Hi, I will be very interested to know how good or bad was you workflow with Twinmotion, what just worked and how that could be better in Lumion.

I have tried all of them, so far we have a License of Lumen RT, it is OK but I always wonder if Lumion or Twinmotion would be better.

I think we should forget about Unreal, because even though it is a way more complex full features software, the production time required is beyond what is feasible in a Architectural traditional workflow. Sadly in deed but that's how it works.

Lumion, Twinmotion, Lumen RT quality wise has limitations but they are designed to fit that gap of what Architects produce Vs a talented Game artist.

Please don't turn this thread to "I love this or that software because."

Just let us share how X or Y software work for us so we all benefit from it.

Glade there is someone from Twinmotion here to hear directly.

Hi, I will be very interested to know how good or bad was you workflow with Twinmotion, what just worked and how that could be better in Lumion.

I have tried all of them, so far we have a License of Lumen RT, it is OK but I always wonder if Lumion or Twinmotion would be better.

I think we should forget about Unreal, because even though it is a way more complex full features software, the production time required is beyond what is feasible in a Architectural traditional workflow. Sadly in deed but that's how it works.

Lumion, Twinmotion, Lumen RT quality wise has limitations but they are designed to fit that gap of what Architects produce Vs a talented Game artist.

Please don't turn this thread to "I love this or that software because."

Just let us share how X or Y software work for us so we all benefit from it.

Glade there is someone from Twinmotion here to hear directly.

Hi Francisco,

I can't be more agree with you. I'd like to hear your experiences about the software you've tried. I believe that your opinions can also help us in the future development.

Besides, I’m sure that every software has its strong points, I can share with you what Twinmotion has compared to other similar tools, there are several points:

- In Twinmotion, you are able to generate orthographic plan views and elevations, which are needed to produce construction documents

- You can place background images to stall the volumetric project

- There is possibility to move in walkthrough mode with an enabled physics

- It can generate 3D stereoscopic Video

- using its phasing system, it can make the review of the project. This mode allows you to follow step by step the construction of a building.

- It offers a SceneGraph that allows you to retrieve the same organization as your design software (Sketchup, Revit, Archicad, C4D, Microstation, etc.)

- You can add vegetation very quickly, because in Twinmotion there is a "Forest" tool which allows you to instantly brush and paint vegetation

- You can also add thousands of pedestrians and cars in real time by using the Crowd management tool

- Then, all Twinmotion effects are visible in real time

- And there is a network license with a share library.

I hope other people could also add points to this thread, for Twinmotion or other softwares, so that visiter can benefit from it :)

BTW: don’t hesitate to ask questions in the forum on our website http://forums.abvent.com/viewforum.php?f=32

Tianxiao

KA-RA / Twinmotion