Some squares render out darker than others in the end result

filipevale1

casa2.JPG

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right forum to post this but im having some trouble with vray ( i think its vray related) rendering. My project goes smooth in building light, prepassing etc. When it renders tho, it renders some darker squares than others. ill upload an image, hope u guys can figure it out for me :3

Cheers

It's gamma issue, one that ChaosGroup pinpointed down to 3dsMax bitmap loader. Try converting all the 3dsMax bitmaps to VrayHDRi maps, it's automatic, one-click in rightmouse menu.

You need the latest Vray version for the VrayHDRi map to be versatile enough to do this.

Other possible issue is when this happens in Distributed rendering, it can be additionally missing texture, which can be checked with "send maps" in DR mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Juraj's solution should work - it's the official solution from Chaos group.

The way I deal with it in production is render our a small version of the image, 320 pixels. Let it, and all of the computers you are using for distributed rendering complete, and then render out at the desired resolution. This always works for me. Also, ignore different coloured buckets in the prepass phase as these seem to disappear at the actual render stage.