Concrete Gallery Interior

joshuastephens

1448378192.jpg

Studio/Institution: Gatech
Genre: Commercial Interior
Software: 3DS MAX / VRAY
Description:

This is an interior rendering of one of final project for this semester in studio.

It is rendered with Vray 3.2 Progressive Renderer for about 2.5 hours. There is some noise reduction applied but that is it for any post editing.

Are any of you aware of how to get rid of the fireflies on the upper level white wall in the middle? The lighting is coming from the lamps (which were downloaded from Evermotion), vray sun, and several vray plane lights in the roof just beyond the sawtooth windows.

Any other critiques are very welcome. I would like to improve on my renderings but I feel I have been looking at it too much and need some fresh eyes.

• 1 month later...

guess you are an architecture student? let me ask u a couple of questions so I (we) understand your issue better:

-What kind of gallery is that? (Exhibition space? meeting space?)

-all I see is white and grey areas, why not use color on certain walls? concrete or not, it does not have to be all grey and white

-The view (camera angle) reminds me on pictures of glamorous stairs of these old european castles, but there is no glamour or excitement..it looks somehow cold/dead...

-have you tried to use entourage? (cut out people etc)

I like where its going so far. Here's a few things that may help out.

1. The fire flies you mentioned are most likely your material. Use must have some blurry reflections so increase the subdivs for the glossiness. You can also do it globally but it doesn't look like you need to.

2. The glass in the top and lower rails is harly existant. You can do a few things to fix them; Add some color to the fog color of the glass material such as green;Use white for both the reflection and refraction and black for the diffuse, also enable fresnel.

3. The light on the left side are alittle harsh. Lower the intensity and soften the edges.

4. If a viewer of the street saw your image, would they what they are looking at and what the space is or what it is used for? Is there anything you could add to help engage your audience more?

Hope that helps

EJ

I like in general. i am not sure about increasing subs, you can solve the white flies (it seems some problem with the HDRI, GI, or Antialias filters parameters), increase the amount of reflection in the glass railing and use a reflector map on the camera side (I would'nt add color on glass or walls). Soften the distribution of the rigthside spots (test different types of IES projectors). I would reduce a bit the floor reflection (it seems a bit "wet"). Regards