Multiple textures?

tordtalseth

Hi!

Im new here, so sorry if this have been discussed before.

Im looking for a simple way to make my materials look more dirty and realistic.

I have several materials with opacity which I would like to "stack" on top of for example a concete wall.

Only solution I found is angeled blend and it kind of works, but I would love to add more layers.

Any good ideas or maybe this is just a beginner question.

Anyway would love to get some input.

Rhino 5 and Vray 1.5and something.

Go for a vray blend material. That blends between different materials using a mask. If you want it to be "on top" of geometry try a falloff and set the falloff angle to the apropriate setting (world Z or something, cant remember) or go for a vray dirt material in the blend slot. Not sure if these are all in the vray 1.5 for rhino as i use 3ds max, but most likely they are.

Agree with the vray blend material.

A good choice is to use a Bercon Noise map in one or more of the slots of the vray blend material. You can download Becon maps for free and they are simple to use, the benefit is they are procedural so you won't have tiling. The problem is you cannot see the scale of the bercon noise map until you render, so place it in the scene and then test render.

You can always add a vray dirt material to create added realism in the grooves of the models as well.

Takk for tilbakemelding:)

Seems my vray version is lacking the blend you have in 3dsmax (You can blend one base and nine top coats, no?) but i have TexMix, TexAngleBlend and TexFalloff. Seems I can find some solutions with this and transparency masks after some experimentation.

Any more tips is more than welcome:)

Maybe if you know some good tutorials on the subject, I find it hard to find any good ifo on the subject.

Edited by tordtalseth