Brushin up!

Karl Larsen

1448817050.jpg

Studio/Institution: Self
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: SketchUp - 3DS Max 2016 Mental Ray
Description:

Geez, finally...

Anyways, it has been about 4-years since I did one of these so I thought it was time to brush up. I still have a few details to work out and I need to find a wall sconce I like and I need to finish the glass and get en environment reflected in same, but once I do that I will then render elements for work in Photoshop.

Constructive suggestions welcome!

Thanks for looking.

Edited by karlar

So far, everything look very clean... and that is not always good :p

some color variance in the brick/blocks and drive way would really help to give depth to the image.

Also the windows are very black, unless they a tinted, there should be some transparency on them, if you don't want to show the interior put some blinds or reflections, but that death black does not show appealing.

Does the owner really has a Porsche?? otherwise, I would recommend to use other car. Using fancy cars unless is not a client demand, distract the view more than helping entourage.

Thanks Francisco - you always have great advice!

I cannot believe I didn't change the glass material before I uploaded this -- I am getting old. Anyways, here it is with glass - I might have to model some interior walls here and there and position some landscaping to get better reflections in the glass on the left. We'll see what I get inspired to do...

I will dirty it up in Photoshop.

LANDWEHR CAST STONE.jpg

Latest update -- I still have things to do but my eyes are burning out! I did this because I never did a modern home before and I haven't done a 3DS rendering in about 4-years so I wanted to make sure I still understood the basics.

I've always wanted to do this for a living but with the economy and cost of software, all I can do is play on homes that I like.

But it is fun.

Edit: I think it is finito!

LANDWEHR 2.jpg

Edited by karlar