Render distribuited VRAY for 3dsmax 2015 y 3dsMAX 2016, slave crash opening 3dsMax

xoserodriguez

I am having problems trying to set up a farm of 2 computers to help with my renders. Both of the computers comunicate without any problems, I could run a Backburner render with my farm. But when I try to run a distribuited render with Vray+3ds max, the 3ds max on the slave computer crash, no matter the size of the file, nor the using maps, textures or whatever.

Does anyone know the solution for this issue? I driving me crazyy for days.

Regards

Does the Vray DR app successfully launch the copy of Max and the crash happens when a job is sent or can the DR spawner not successfuly launch the copy of Max? When using the DR app, you should see a copy of Max running at all times in your windows bar.

We've been seeing issues in our office with certain machines not allowing the DR spawner to launch Max. It's a pretty simple fix and it is related to our security policies not allowing Vray to register the menu's, which crashes Max instantly. You can test this out by just trying to luanch Max, it should crash right after loading all of the plug-ins. If you uninstall Vray, max should start perfectly.

After you have a new install of Vray, navigate to your ProgramFiles/Max/Scripts/StartUp folder and look for "vrayinstall.ms" and delete this file. This is the file that Vray needs to access on launch, but sometimes if you do not have full admin rights Vray can't delete it after launch like it wants to and crashes Max.

It also might help to fully delete all of your Max folders in your User directory for good measure and let max create all new and fresh ones on launch.

I already test the solution and never found a vrayinstall.ms, must be any other issue.

Still looking...

If you don't see the file, then everything registered correctly.

Try opening up a copy of Max on the machine and checking to make sure that you can choose Vray as the rendering engine, that it is indeed getting a license, and that you can render with Vray. Now, try to open the scene that you are trying to DR on this machine. Does everything load correctly? Are you missing any plug-ins like Forest Pro, MultiScatter, etc?

This way you can eliminate Max and Vray from the list and you know that the issue is somewhere in the DR process.