A welcoming home

adamsargeant

1449481081.jpg

Studio/Institution: CLA
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3DS Vray
Description:

Just after some advice on how i am doing.

Have been following some tutorials on Pluralsight to get ideas on floor generator, multi texture and displacement.

I am happy with the wooden floor, rug and especially brick.

What are peoples thoughts?

This is fresh out of 3DS/Vray so no photoshop yet.

Just a couple of quick remarks:

You might want to look at the beams in the ceiling, the level of detail is very low comparing to the stones, floor etc...maybe fillet the edges and add details to the material.

I'm not sure about the camera angle, I don't like the door being "cut off" by the beams, and the picture looks like you are cramming together under the ceiling.

And you might want to add something to hold the glass in between?

The door changes color?

Just a couple of quick remarks:

You might want to look at the beams in the ceiling, the level of detail is very low comparing to the stones, floor etc...maybe fillet the edges and add details to the material.

I'm not sure about the camera angle, I don't like the door being "cut off" by the beams, and the picture looks like you are cramming together under the ceiling.

And you might want to add something to hold the glass in between?

The door changes color?

Good feedback, this is what i like the most - best way to learn.

The beams - I agree. The texture is too low res. The beams were my way of learning how to UV unwrap. I succeeded at it but didn't take long enough on the textures themselves. Also, i only added a slight ripple modifier to the beams. I need to cut some chunks out of the edges.

The door has an angled top as it is. It is a very tight barn conversion so space is tight on the 1st floor. (Not my design so i have to show it as it will be built).

I agree with the glass balustrade.

Thank you.