Hallway render, feedback appreciated

phillipclarke

1450200410.jpg

Studio/Institution: Personal
Client: None
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3DS Max, VRay
Description:

Hey guys, looking for some feedback on my hallway, it's my first full interior render I have done and have spent a lot of time on it so far. Looking to achieve as much realism I can as possible, even if its subtle things such as camera rotation! Any advice is appreciated thanks.

I would recomment you to add some glossiness at your surfaces (materials). Everything looks dull because of this. Use some Ambient occlusion too (if you haven't, I cannot say for sure). It gives more realism to everything. In general, it's a very nice result for first render.

Also watch this, it's a very nice and useful video!

Edited by christosviskadourakis

Hey thanks, I will add some more glossiness, I just don't think my scene is realistic enough, but I don't know if that's just me not being satisfied with my own work. I'm unsure if this render has AO, I can't remember if I added it or not but I'm sure I didn't, and thanks a lot for that video I will make sure to check it out.

Hey. Yeah, the doors are killing this scene. The handles too.They both need more reflectivity and some kind of dirt/AO around the edges. Just look at some photos of doors and notice every little thing that makes them believable. Also edges are maybe a teeny bit too sharp on that table. It otherwise looks nice, it's a little simple and maybe uninteresting but worry about that later. If it's your first interior then just hone the basics first maybe, and you're not far off.

Hey. Yeah, the doors are killing this scene. The handles too.They both need more reflectivity and some kind of dirt/AO around the edges. Just look at some photos of doors and notice every little thing that makes them believable. Also edges are maybe a teeny bit too sharp on that table. It otherwise looks nice, it's a little simple and maybe uninteresting but worry about that later. If it's your first interior then just hone the basics first maybe, and you're not far off.

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely work on the doors more, I've just been struggling a little with them, and I will sort the reflections. I seem to have a habit for uploading a non-finished version of work, for example the empty photo frames, but I just love receiving feedback wherever I can get it. Here is the current version, only changed the table really.

stXKd7G.jpg

Thanks for your reply. I'm working on the scene a lot in my spare time as I enjoy learning the subject