Small Hotel Room

enigmak

1450977264.jpg

Studio/Institution: G.M.
Genre: Residential Interior
Software: 3D Studio Max
Description:

Hey everyone, this is a project I 'been working on, it's a sample room for a Boutique Hotel to be constructed in London.

I used Vray Dome Light coupled with an HDRI image to light the scene. There is only one small window in the room, and I placed a Vray plane light with the Skyportal option to ''increase'' the light that comes through the window.

The problem that I seem to be having is with the yellowish tint in the ceiling. I don't know what to do about it and how to remove it in order to have a more uniformal lighting. Any tips?

Edited by enigmak

The modelling looks good.

I am sure others are much more equipped to help you than myself but do you have a lot of yellow in the HDRI map? Like a yellow sky or strong yellow sun? I think the yellow is coming from the GI. Try rendering with a few extra render elements (lighting, GI, specular, reflection etc) and see which pass the yellow tint shows up in. It should help you to diagnose the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Great start.

1. The bed sheets are floating.

2) Add a door on the right side or add more thickness to the wall. It appears 1 inch thick. Try 4"-6"

3) Double check your scale. THe chair on the left looks a little too big. Once you lower the bed sheet, the chairs going to look even bigger.

4) Give the stool a new home. Maybe tuck it under the table to the right.

5) Over all brightness can go a little higher. To add more interest add a sun coming through the window and cast on the the bed and wall.

Good luck

EJ

• 4 weeks later...