Outdoor Cinema Feedback appreciated

davidsekander

1451849949.jpg

Studio/Institution: KTH Architecture
Genre: Commercial Exterior
Software: Vray Photoshop
Description:

The grass is looking kind of like a grass rug and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on how to make it look better. I'm updating my portfolio and the ground was previously completely white and as such I had to cover all the white areas with grass.

Does someone have a technique suggestion? I won't have time to re-render it as I have several more renders, drawings and diagrams that needs to be made better.

Anything helpful is welcome including feedback not regarding the grass!

Edited by davidsekander

Depending of the type of presentation that you are preparing, this render looks "ok" to me, if it only serve to show a concept. If you are trying to go for realism, then you need to invest serious time on it, no quick fix will make miracles.

Having said that, I could recommend to use other grass image. Something to match better your lighting condition, now your sky background seems very cloudy but you have very strong shadows, I would recommend to choose one or the other, as they are now they don't match.

Also please desaturate that red, it is way out of control. you really can tell you render this image with a flat color in the floor, something neutral, this create a very exaggerated color bleed with your red building.

Paint some color variance in the ground, (shadows and over bright areas), also paint some shadows where the columns meet the grass.

As mentioned early I will stop it there, if you try to go beyond you'll get caught in between of trying to make a photoreal render, and for that you'll have to spend way more hours in 3D and photoshop.

Overall, balance your colors, add colors variance, match illumination with background sky.