Itoo forest pack bug ??

hadidernaika

Hello,

I am using 3ds max 2015 (with sp3) with vray 3.2 and itoo forest pack to create some vegetation in my scene.

After i created several forest pack objects, and suddenly while working on the scene, i notice that some forest pack objects suddenly stopped rendering. They show in the viewports, and i can modify them and everything, except, they suddenly stopped rendering. So i had to delete them and redo them.

Then after a time of working, again suddenly they stopped rendering.

Any clews ? i noticed that they stopped working by order of creation (the oldest forestpack objects stop working first) ..

I hope i dont have to upgrade to 3ds max 2016 to solve this problem :(

Any help would be appreciated :)

Sincerely

Hadi

As Nicolai said, you should get an error message, but after you render and they don't work, message or not, you can check if the limits/thresholds are your issue by checking the statistics of the failed forest pack object under the general tab.

Beyond this, I don't know of any issues. Memory perhaps at render time?

I dont have a limits problem, becuz im not creating that much meshes .. also not all forest pack objects are disappearing .. some are rendering some are not .. im not getting any error message .. i m using the camera limit too ..

EDIT: i just checked the stats of my objects .. the objects which are rendering have much more render items than the objects that are not rendering .. which means i dont have a limit problem for sure ..

is there anyway to like reset the forestpack object without losing any of its parameters ?

i tried the preset option in the general tab .. im getting the same result .. showing in the viewport but not rendering ..

Thank you

Edited by hadidernaika

BTW .. i do my modeling in revit .. and export my geometry to FBX .. then import it to 3ds max .. do u use this method too ?

No. I have modeled my building in max and I have imported some vray proxys (trees). But proxys has nothing to do with this because it can happen to forest objects that are consisted of standard free object from forest pack library, like grass.

I have the exact software as you and I got the same problem. It is random, it drives me mad.

after a whole day of testing i guess i know the cause of the issue at last ...

When creating forest object, dont use the geometry imported from revit .. instead create either planes or splines inside 3ds max and use them ..

That s the only thing i tried and until this moment, it s still rendering fine :)

Hope this solves the issue

Edited by hadidernaika

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I`ve got the same problem, i am working only in max, and it`s really anoying, but i`ve manage to find a way, unde the distribution map in the max density field try to put 100 Mil.And in the display in max items try to put 5.000.000 or more...depends and what configuratio u have.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got the same problem, and I'm sure it's not a v-ray issue. I'm using max 2015 vray 3.2. And youre right Hadi the last F pack object is missingonly in the renders. I've noticed it flashes sometimes when i view it in wireframe mode.

Solution

This worked for me:

I've deleted the last f pack scatter created save the scene, close it and reopen max as administrator and rescattered the Fpack objects and voila!! it renders.

So I think it's a fpack issue.

Edited by ulrichsamboe

Ooh and i almost forgot... this happens to me sometimes when i merge objects in the 3dsmax scene. This time i've merged an proxy object and after that the fpack scattered object rendered the first test render i executed with the first vrphcamera. Then i switched to another camera and got bugged. I thought at first that it had to do with the limit to visibility in the camera rollout.

Edited by ulrichsamboe