I am doing something wrong with VrayEnvironmentFog

christosviskadourakis

Hello there,

I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong like I say in the title. I want to render my VrayEnvironmentFog as an element in order to work on it in post production. Therefore, I use an override black material, I set low values and I hit it. The problem is that this render takes way much more time than the main image. I wanted to ask for advice on the values because they might be too high without reason. So I render in 1920x1080, I set the antialiasing to adaptive and and the image sampler at 1/4 (min/max). Then I set light cache at 500 and irradiance at low.

Just to let you know, I render my main image at 1920x1080, image sampler 1/16, light cache 1500 and irradiance at high.

Any Advice please?

But they are baking it into the scene and don't have the luxury of noise removal in post. You can run a noise removal filter over an atmosphere pass and comp it in post with very few artifacts because your base render is clean.

It's worth keeping in mind that volumetric fog is slow to render. Always. It's an effect that is computationally very expensive, so don't expect to ever be able to get it down to 5 minutes or anything.