Textures.

godzycabari

Hi guys, i'm sorry if this has been discussed here, but i didn't find any decent info on that topic, besides photoshop tutorials, which are not exactly what i want.

So my question is about textures like on this site: http://www.extremetextures.com/

Can anyone explain or tell me, that technique is used for creating textures like that, i mean do they scan in the wood, do they photograph it or just draw it ?

Thanks in advance.

I saw Martin Enthed speak on the Ikea process last year at AU and he said they use a Medium Format camera in a flat light studio for many textures. I would imagine that not all need the large size, but things like wood seem a perfect candidate.

Not everyone can do this, but it is a sure fire way to get a hi-res texture that will be usable for a very long time.

you can change your specular and bump maps to realism dont discount photoshop as most images are retouched in photoshop and after effects . All a render does is similar to photoshop changes the lights and darks of the image the colour correction . Its called post production i have modified some of my 3d images in photoshop.

image3.jpg

IMAGE2.jpg

IMAGE1.jpg

cg trader image1.jpg

Edited by hansolohan