1454553073.jpg

Studio/Institution: Sporadic Studio
Genre: Commercial Interior
Software: 3ds max, vray, photoshop
Description:

Hi, here is my recent wip works, i hope you like it.

At this stage, i am still thinking of how to get rid of the HDRI horizontal bottom black issue, any idea? :confused:

draft003.jpg

Image has nice lighting but it needs a little more Levels contrast to make the materials read better. Like the ceiling is getting lost. The brick separations are too sharp and dark.

You can just composite a landscape strip over the black in Photoshop.

Image has nice lighting but it needs a little more Levels contrast to make the materials read better. Like the ceiling is getting lost. The brick separations are too sharp and dark.

You can just composite a landscape strip over the black in Photoshop.

Hi heni30, thank you for your comments, i will take a look and do some adjustment.

This has so much potential.

Two main things - fix the brick. Go to ArchDaily and bring up some cafe/restaurants to serve as a guide.

Second thing is the concrete wall. Find another map. That is an exterior wall - you can see the water stains at the top.

This has so much potential.

Two main things - fix the brick. Go to ArchDaily and bring up some cafe/restaurants to serve as a guide.

Second thing is the concrete wall. Find another map. That is an exterior wall - you can see the water stains at the top.

hi, thank you for the suggestion, about the concrete, do you mean the right hand side wall which have a black board hanging?

some table arrangement update...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53966[/ATTACH]

Change the centre piece. In this particular shot which i know is purely to show the layout, the eye is immediately drawn to the plant. I think it looks a bit out of place?

Plus, although this shot is to show the layout, it could be a great piece with some nice selective focus. Just take the plant out haha :D

• 2 weeks later...
Change the centre piece. In this particular shot which i know is purely to show the layout, the eye is immediately drawn to the plant. I think it looks a bit out of place?

Plus, although this shot is to show the layout, it could be a great piece with some nice selective focus. Just take the plant out haha :D

sorry, just saw this reply when i come to update my post, do you mean just take out the plants or replace it with something else?

------------------------------------------------

Some update:

1) add dirt to window glass

2) add coffee slogan

3) add some design to window opening, but the texture don't look right now

critiques and comments are welcome.

draft007.jpg

it still looks basically the same as the first image posted

looks very blurry and low res, really needs a proper backplate / horizon to make it work plus some more interest in the camera angle

lose the 3d text, looks well basic.

Sorry for the blurry and low res images, i set it low because this is still under wip, it will take longer to render if i set it high.

i have add another camera angle to show the text, hope you like it.

draft009.jpg

about the background, i haven't decide how should it look like, do you got any idea?

• 1 month later...

The second camera angle is not working in your favor IMO. (unless you continue to add realism) I see a great amount of improvement from the first image, but I think this image would benefit from some sort of rays/dust in the air. Whether it is post or not is up to you. There are a lot of repeating elements in this type of rendering and sometimes you need to add these type of things to keep it from looking too cg. IDK if you have already bumped the chairs and table elements around a bit but if you haven't, you should do that. If you have the time, look at how steel beams actually connect to walls like yours, and how the walls meet the floor. I agree about the text, they look like giant perfect cg plastic letters. The lights in your new perspective above the letters are way to blown out, and look fake because they are perfect white circles. Adding some sort of diffuse or modifying them to look as real as the lights above the tables would help. Lastly, the silvery surfaces to at the far end look too boxy and flat. Are they chamfered?

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew M : thank you.

Joshua Stephens: i have attached the i beam photo with i refer and search from internet, hoping you can point out what i change or modify my i beam.

742660c7bdeb5ae5fcedbbee0e6bdb97.jpg

sad to know the second camera angle is not working :( i trying to add realism to this image actually but i know i am slow...i am planning to add rays/dust in the air in photoshop. Do you mean i should add bump map to my material? if yes, i do have bump map in my material, like table wood texture have 0.5 value bump map in the bump slot. May be i should change my plastic text to other kind of material as well. I will find some reference to modify the lights above the letters. and the silvery surfaces at the far end is chamfered with value set to 4

Hoping i will got time to make some change to this image, lot of thing to change, thank you to all the comments and critiques from all the member in here. :)