How To Make My Renders Look More Realistic

oliverdf

Hi All

Im a newbie here but have been playing with Sketchup and Maxwell for about a year now, ive recently purchased VRay and i currently have a loft conversion project.

On the bathroom i was just wondering what i can do to make it look more realistic? I.e do i just need to tweek in PS or is there more i should add to my model?

image.jpegb

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

Thoughts & Idea's welcome.

Thanks in advance all.

Tweaking in PS would make these better. But I recommend watching some photography examples. Compare them side by side with your renderings and try to see where (materials, composition, lighting?) things might be off. Try to setup everything as in real world. It´s not that easy to make it look nice even if problems are known, but it´s definitely a step forward if you could recognise what makes an image a believable one.

1st thing I noticed is that I couldn't find your light source in the scene. Is it from top of the room? Or is it from that window? If both, make one of these more strong. (Decide what you want to show, a more daylight scene (so the daylight will be stronger) or not). Then pay close attention to your reflection of your materials. Like everyone likes to say, all of the surfaces in real world have some glosssiness. So play around with some glossiness, apply so glossiness maps too to make it more realistic.

In general do not afraid to give strong lights and shadows in your scenes. This is the secret in my opinion. Of course do not over do it cause then you will have a whited out image.

Good luck!

Christos

Thanks for the responses both.

In terms of photography examples please can you explain what you mean or if you have a link it would be much appreciated.

Christos, thanks for your input also, i get what you mean with the lighting situation, ill have a play later and amend.

Thanks again