Vray RT small file, high polys 4GB out of memory....(scene inc)

wuannone

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. Well I have been reading this forum a lot but never posted.

I am doing some tests with Vray RT. However I have something strange happening and would like to ask you guys to test the scene. This is the second scene where this is happening to me.

In 3dsmax I made a car animation indoor scene. There are no materials or textures. Only a basic vray material. The environment hasn't got many polygons. The car however has 4 million polygons. There are around 20 vray lights in the scenes. The scene is about 150frames. The first like 75 frames are no problem (the camera is far away from the car) after that my gpu's render like 5 more frames (car is close to the camera) and then vray stops. It said "unable to allocate enough memory".

I've tried it with the Brute Force and with the Light Cache engine. Same problem.

My specs:

i7 3770

2x gtx 980 4gb

ssd 500gb

24gb ram

I am running Gpu-Z next to it and the ram of the gpu is filled for about 60%.

I have no idea why this is occuring. It probarly has to do with the 4million polys car...

My question to you guys. I have a download link to my 3dsmax scene. Are there users with a 4gb gpu who would like to test render this scene? 1920x1080. It's about 2 min per frame on my 2 gpu's. After about 10 frames rendering it crashes (when the camera is close to the car).

max scene:

http://we.tl/IwnqcOaLuB

I hope this is something only I am having so it's not a ram limit. I just invested in 2 gtx 980s 4gbs....

Tis is the vray log:

logvrayrt.jpg