Boolean

Elliot

Hello,

Can anybody help? I have two shapes that are almost 90% similar. I joined them by using a boolean modifier. I hoped this will create a third shape that would have all the characteristics of both of the parent shapes.

It does.... the third shape is definitely the child of the other two with all the "genetical traits" of the other two geometries. However, I ended up with multi-coplanar surfaces and it doesn't render very good. When I inspected the wireframe of the child image, I discovered that the boolean mixed the shapes but not the wireframe's. Now I have one wireframe over another and I guess that is why I have coplanar surfaces.

Is there a way to totally merge the two wire frames resulting in a "child" shape with its own wireframe.... and no coplanar surfaces.

How do I do that...? In SolidWORKS there is a like modifier that will allow to make a multiple wire frame image be combined into what a single solid model with is own wireframe.... Is there something similar in Viz.

I am attaching two JPG to show what I see here...

Thanks

Elliot

PD:

The hospitals I do require by code a sanitary cove. That means the union with the baseboard and the floor can not be at 90 degrees. This is a real problem and pain in the neck in real live too.... All the fixtures going against the wall require special attention.

Kippu

Thanks for responding to my questions. I am not sure I understand what you are trying to tell me.

What I ended up doing was with a spline doing the shape I wanted and then lofting into a path. Is tha what you are trying to ask me...?

Thanks

Elliot