Mouse Recommendations - Comfort, Speed and Health

G'day CG folk,

Has anyone found the perfect mouse for modelling work?

I'm primarily a 3ds max user -so the middle mouse button get alot of abuse.

For me, a soft middle button click with 3 or 4 buttons for some macro action would be great! ... any recommendations / finds / ideas??

Thanks

T2Q

Hello. Can't recomment on a specific model, but look for something with Omron d2fc-f-7n switches, for both main buttons and probably a middle button. These are some of the most comfortable switches available. But beware of the gaming mice, because they are really good in ergonomics and everything, but tend to use some other kind of switch for the middle button, thus it's usualy quite sturdy.

Cooler master uses these omrons, older models of steelseries, mionix

I personaly have steelseries sesnsei raw, it uses omrons for right and left, but not for middle button, but it's still quite ok. would be really great mouse if i had bigger hands, or just needs getting used to

I don't own this mouse, but I did tried for a little while and I felt very comfortable, also having a third button and a wheel, seems very useful for different CAD software. Needless to say I do most of my work with a Wacom tablet, but from time to time some software work better with a mice.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/cadmouse.html