2016 Building Content Summit- Scottsdale Arizona, July 11th and 12th 2016

aaronmaller

Thanks for stopping in to the thread! I searched around, and i think this is the correct place for posting. If it isnt, moderators please let me know. As someone who has helped manage another Forum for years, i have no intentions of stepping on toes.

My name is Aaron Maller, and i an a committee member for the Building Content Summit, an event dedicated to all things BIM Content, and the Content Ecosystem. (Rest assured, i know that most of you work in visualization, which doesnt necessarily have to do with BIM, but hear me out...).

18 months ago, the committee got together and decided we wanted to bring everyone to the table, so to speak, to talk about the challenges and issues surrounding 3D Modeling Content, in our worlds. Many of us come from very different worlds: Some from Architectural offices using BIM for Production, some using models for visualization (Sketchup, Lumion, Vray, Podium, 3DSMax, Revizto, Fuzor, Enscape), and others that are on the providing side of the fence: They work for Building Product Manufacturers and want to get their products specified on Construction projects, so they provide BIM content on their websites.

The trouble is (we discovered) many of our objectives are set against one another: Software vendors tell product manufacturers how to model BIM content, and its generally not in the best way. As users, we tell the BPM's they are wrong, and we end up building our own stuff, and 3rd party content creators are somewhere in the middle.

Where do you come in? Well, Visualization has come up a number of times at the event: Often the HIGHEST fidelity geometry happens in early design, when visualization experts like yourselves are involved. Then (as we move towards design development or documentation), entourage pieces give way to products from manufacturers, which are often modeled in less detail (but possibly more accurate).

Having some of you attend in Arizona would provide a fresh perspective to the talks (which dont devolve in to "content standards talks" as we keep the event quite structured), as the early design visualization group is woefully under-represented at the moment.

But visualization and BIM objects are getting closer to one another: Viz programs are now able to read a lot of the data in the objects, which provides interesting opportunities for visualization experts such as yourselves.

I personally believe Building Content is one of the biggest issues we face in our industry, but that it can also be one of the few that we can solve if we all get together in a room and hash out the issues.

Anyway, i think it would be great to have some of you attend. If you have more questions about the actual program of the event, PLEASE dont hesitate to let me know: We have speakers lined up, an "Engine Room" for hacking out content and troubleshooting with experts, and Synapse discussions with deep-dive workflows, being shown off. We are working on bringing in users from ALL platforms: Revit, Sketchup, ArchiCAD, Bentley, and so on. If you have questions, you can post here, OR you can email me directly.

http://www.BuildConSum.com

Aaron Maller (twiceroadsfool on Revit Forum and Twitter)

aaron.maller@rtcevents.com