3D RENDER MACHINE BUILD for (MODO/ SKETCHUP & VRAY)

I need some advice on this machine build arounda quadro card.

Use for (MODO/ SKETCHUP & VRAY)

Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium grey

Windowed Case

£89.99 Inc VAT

Asus X99 DELUXE USB 3.1

Motherboard

£225.99 Inc VAT

Intel Xeon E5-1650 V3 Processor Haswell

CPU

£495.00 Inc VAT

Corsair 32GB Dominator Platinum DDR4 2400MHz

Memory

£239.99 Inc VAT

PNY NVIDIA Quadro K4200 Memory 4GB

Workstation Graphics Card

£761.30 Inc VAT

Samsung 256GB 850 PRO Enterprise

SSD

£102.30 Inc VAT

Corsair RMi Series 1000W

Power Supply

£129.98 Inc VAT

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit

DVD

£120.00 Inc VAT

LG Internal Blu-ray Writer x16 Internal

Blu Ray Drive

£63.79 Inc VAT

Corsair STRAFE RGB MX Brown

Mechanical Keyboard

£145.00 Inc VAT Corsair SCIMITAR RGB 12000DPI

Optical Mouse

£74.99 Inc VAT

LG 25UM58-P 25" Full HD LED IPS

Super-Wide LED Monitor

£165 Inc VAT

Allow me to say that your choices don't make any sense. You're spending too much in peripherals while choosing a monitor that's mediocre for the total budget. Very expensive RAM, a professional gpu that's not of any particular use in your case (with this specific monitor), a 1000W psu that is a total overkill and more.

Your budget (if my math is right) is around 2600£. Is that right? You can do much better than this, by spending money in the right parts.

I think this is much better PCPartPicker part list. You're left with almost 150£ for peripherals (keyboard, mouse). That's more than enough.

Hi my friend and thank you very much for your reply. My budget is £2000 - £3000. I want a machine that would be able to do fast (Vray) and Live product model and renders. I am very overwhelmed with tech specs and want a professional workstation build and not a gaming build. What would you advice for parts which are focussed on fast render imaging in interior and product designs

You're welcome.

Since you are rendering with Vray, the best cpu for your budget is exactly the 5960X. If you decide to overclock it too, it would perform even better. With a slight oc like 4.0-4.2GHz, which is really easy to achieve, you could improve render times by a great deal, 30% or more.

If you can stretch the budget to 3000£, then we could do some changes to improve viewport performance with a better gpu if you want. But still the 970 is a great gpu for the job.

I've made an updated version of the pcpartpicker's list above, just in case you want to take a look:

PCPartPicker part list

This machine is going to be really fast in everything you do.

The Phanteks Evolv ATX is one of the best cases around. It's great for oc too. It just doesn't have a 5.25" bay for a blue ray drive. You can always buy an external one if you really need to.

Because both agencies and gpu manufacturers (like Nvidia and AMD) want to sell their most expensive parts with an etiquette that says "professional" to people who don't know about hardware capabilities.

A quadro or a firepro that has exactly the same specs with a consumer gpu would cost 2 or 3 times more and offer minimal advantages in specific software and very specialized tasks only. Your field of interest has nothing to do with these programs.

Don't be mislead by the "professional" wrapping of some products. Most CG professional these days use consumer gaming cards, because these cards offer more for their price than any prof. gpu can.

I'm currently running Rhino 3d and 3ds max with a 5960X and a gtx 780. Believe me, the performance I get from this 3 year old gpu is still incredible.

Would you not recommend the G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

over the Vengence memory sticks ?

No. RAM oc of this range is something that I try to avoid in workstations. Cpu oc would be much more beneficial for what you do with your rig. You should concentrate more on that, imo.