Duplicated and New objects are invisible

Long time Max user here, now learning C4D (for Mac). I've been working on modeling a building exterior shot in order to get used to the software. Nothing complicated, simply modeling at this point.

But suddenly, CMD + DRAG does everything it's supposed to (in either the viewport or the object list), except that the new object is empty. No points, no polys, no edges. Yet, there it sits in the Object list, mocking me.

This happens for any current object in my scene. Empty duplicates.. except for an axis, there is nothing there.

AND, even just clicking to add a cube does the same darn thing! I'm stuck since I can't seem to make new objects, or duplicate current objects.

I tried disabling OpenGL in hopes it was only a display issue, but it didn't help.

One odd thing also happened. I did 'Current State to Object', which made a duplicate, and I started editing the copy for my needs, then suddenly the original object turned invisible.

I also restarted C4D, but the issue persists. I'm going to do a full reboot after I post this.

Any guidance appreciated.

Apparently, this is some kind of bug. Co-worker suggested copy/paste all objects into a new scene, which worked. Kinda scary that the file became maimed with such a simple scene. As a beginner, perhaps I was being a little rough trying to get used to all the extra clicking. Oh well.. until the next bug!