splotches issue

massimilianomazzini

hello i am rather new to the vray world and i am having what you call splotches problem...

i used a visopt i found on sketchuptexture, using v 2 of vray (somewhere i did read new version default settings are the bomb, not out yet v3 for sk as far as i know)

here i attach 1.jpgand my settings (don't look at the relections) ...

thanks for helpsettings4.jpg

settings7.jpg

settings6.jpg

settings.jpg

settings2.jpg

settings3.jpg

settings5.jpg

Massimiliano, If you are learning VRay, I will recommend to not go and click in all the controls that VRay offers you.

Most of the time, the preset that come with the software works fine. Like 80% of the time.

You only need to place enough light in your scene and adjust your exposure, read and understand color mapping controls. you should get decent images.

From your screen shot, your problem is only samples in your Irradiance. But you already move too many others values, so do yourself a favor and use any interior preset. if those splotches still there, increase the interpolation value in your Irradiance map, you are suing 75 dubdivs now and 25 interpolation. Increase your interpolation to something like 60, with default values and only changing that all those splotches should be gone.

You'll lose some detail in the soft shadows, if that borders you then you need to use a higher Irradiance preset. or activate detail enhancement.

best luck.

thanks a lot for your answer...

the problem is with default settings i incur in un-acceptable sparkles (noise) level...therefore I'd need to AT LEAST tweak the interpolation (for the splotches) AND the noise and color threshold...

i did put both at 0.05 and it looks like working fine (no more sparkles)...it just takes forever to render a simple kitchen...

can you suggest me better values?

Edited by massimilianomazzini