Regarding build a pc Xeon 2630V3 vs 5960X

Hi Guys ,

This is my first post regarding help for purchase a system, which is mainly use high polygon architectural modeling and rendering with vray and 3dsmax (3d walk through).I am searching lots of post regarding that but not satisfied yet .

My Preferences are

1- Intel 3 GHz LGA 2011 i7 5960X Processor (Around $ 1350.30) price in india

2- 2 X Intel Xeon E5 2630 v3 2.40GHz Processor (Around $ 1722) price in india

3- i7 4790K cheaper in price and performance, but if i am using 2 X i7 4790k systems than sure they are approaching a rendering time near around above systems. But i need performance of view port also.

We will also choose best ram and motherboard for those processor.

other processor suggestions are also welcome.

Please suggest which one is better . also suggest how difference of those cpu's processor are compare to my current cpu which is i7 4790K.

Thanks, after reading the threads assuming 5960x is better than single xeon .

I have a question regarding 2 X Zeon . if i have 2 xeon in a system than my view port performance and stability of the system is much better than 5960x even the scene had too heavy . leave the rendering speed because i think 2 xeon is already ahead in rendering .

Please help !

How big are your models?

Viewports acceleration between xeons and i7? Because of the higher clock speed of the i7 vs the xeon, the i7 will be slightly faster with continuously building up the model, but I personally wouldn't worry about it. They both will work fine.

Further for viewportperformance get yourself a high end gtx for 3dsmax and plenty of ram and you will be fine.

Thanks very much for replying. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

I hope you don't mind but I have a couple more questions before I build.

here is my system which i will purchase

Click to open expanded view

Asus Intel X99-A Motherboard

Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3

Samsung 850 EVO 120GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E120B/AM)

4 X G.SKILL F4-2400C15D-16GRR Ripjaws 4 SERIES ,16GB RAM/PC4-19200 / DDR4 2400 Mhz

Hydro SeriesTM H100i GTX Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

Cooler Master N300 Computer Case

And please suggest a good graphic card Quadro or gtx or ati

I hope the system working good . please suggest if i am missing something on the which is increasing performance of my system as well as 3dsmax .

I would definitely buy a larger ssd. 240-256gb is a minimum these days.

There are better options for the case too.

The H100i GTX is OK if you decide to overclock your processor.

Could you mention your total budget and how much you want to spend for a graphics card? No need to pick a quadro card for 3ds max.

you could also replace the gtx 100i with something like nzxt krakren 61, because it comes with 140mm (less rpm needed) stock therefore its more silent

The Kraken X61 is a top AIO cooler (I have it in my system) but it doesn't fit inside the N300 case. He'll have to switch to another chassis in order to be able to use a 280mm AIO.

Anyway, if the TS decides to share with us the total budget and if he is interested in oc, then there will be suggestions according to his needs.

Edited by nikolaosm

Hi Sunil,

before i will start throwing around with hardware, it would be nice to tell us about the way you work. There are a lot of hardware experts here and they will be able to give you the best tailored advice you can get, but that tailored advise is going to based on how you work and the budget. Like, is the computer mainly used for rendering, modelling, both?

Would like to know what you have laying around right know and what kind of rendertimes you expect from your new pc. And as Nikolaos mentioned, how much is your budget? Because the budget will be the thing on what the hardware is based on.