House in the countryside - Tips on fixing the roof tiles

ediskujovic

1461669758.jpg

Studio/Institution: Personal Work
Client: none
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: 3ds max; Vray; Photoshop
Description:

I would be thankful if someone would give me tips on what can I do with the roof tiles to make them more "used", "rusted". Any other tips/critics would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Edited by ediskujovic

Hey thank for the replay.

I created the tiles using Atiles. Yes I tried and often I dont have the control as much as I want to. Maybe its just my limited knowledge of how it works. In the future I will try and learn/use it more. However now that I dont want to render the whole scene again and do the post processing I thought some matte painting/masking advice could help me out.

Thanks

If you want color variation on your tiles, you could convert it to poly and apply a material by element modifier on it. Then in your roof tile material you could insert a composite into your diffuse channel, then on the first layer of the composite insert a vray color or bitmap or whatever you use to give the tiles their color, then add another layer in the composite and set it to overlay and something like 5 percent, then input a vraymultisubtex into that slot. Then you should get slightly different colors on the tiles. Also you could add a third layer in the composite with a vray dirt and set it to multiply for the dirt effect on top.