how. ?

anvaraziz

hai all..

one of my client need a perspective merged on an actual photo, n he needs the final to print on A0 size ,

size of photo which the client given was 2000 X 1*** Pixels Jpeg file.

for printing an a A0 minimum we need our render at 7000 X 5*** pix , rite ?

the maximum i can resize the photo is up to 4000 X **** ... rite ?

then at what size i can give the out put to him... if i ll give the final out put at 4000 X **** is it posibble to print on A0 size with a good quality...?

Anvar

As long as you explain to the client that the image will loose a bit of definition you should cover your back. I would try to get the original image as a tiff. file there will be less artefacts and will probably look better when scaled.

Will you be printing 'in house'?

If you go out to print a 4000X xxxxxx Size should be OK.

just explain to the client the problems with using a lower res image.

hope this helps

lee

in this situation i'd render my model to nicely suit your photo's size (ie, 2000x1***). then do the montage in this res.

then just resize up the final montage to A0 size when you come to print it. and as leed says, explain to the client there'll be a noticable drop in image quallity.

I have heard of an enlarging image software while browsing through digital photography magazine couple of weeks ago. Would that help?

There's quite a few of them advertised. Never try them, though.

I usually just ask the client to provide specific resolution to match the final size and they will retake the pics for you.

If they can't provide, then we just render the same image as the given photos, but you have to tell them a significant reduction of quality will be visible in final print.

hai all..

one of my client need a perspective merged on an actual photo, n he needs the final to print on A0 size ,

size of photo which the client given was 2000 X 1*** Pixels Jpeg file.

for printing an a A0 minimum we need our render at 7000 X 5*** pix , rite ?

the maximum i can resize the photo is up to 4000 X **** ... rite ?

then at what size i can give the out put to him... if i ll give the final out put at 4000 X **** is it posibble to print on A0 size with a good quality...?

1.- An A0 sheet is about 46 x 33 inches.

2.- What is the use to be given to the image?, is ist going to be displayed on a wall and people will be able to have a CLOSE look to it, or it will be displayed in some way that the viewer will have to be 2 0r 3 meters away?.

The closer the viewer, the better the quality or definition has to be, in other words, you need more pixels in the image.

By example, an image of only thousands of pixels can be printed at low resolution (18 dpi). In that case it would be several meters long and could be placed on site, so people pasing by could know what is being built. It can be printed in such low resolution becuase viewer will be at some distance from the image. It will look ok because at that distance the big pixels won't be noticeble.

On the other hand, the same image could be printed at a higher resolution (300dpi) AND HENCE AT A SMALLER SIZE if it were going to be handed to a person to look.

3.- Assuming that your image will seen from a short distance, it would be ideal to print it at 300dpi to get good quality.

In order to print an image 46 x 33 inches at 300 dpi, the image must be 13.800 x 9900 pixels.

4.- Assuming that in your case you have a picture of the site, where you have to insert the new building, you must try to get the best picture you can. A 2000x 1xxx image seems not to be enough to me. You can take that image and change the size (using the "image size" command with "resample" option enabled, in photoshop) to make it the size you need (13800 x 9900 pixels) but you will get some artifacts and loose quality. If you could get an ORIGINAL image with a better resolution (more pixels), say 4000 x 2xxx, then the conversion to a bigger size would produce better results. Current camaras can handle such big picture sizes I think, at least the profesional ones.

5.- Your rendering doesn't need to bee that big (13800 x 9900) if the image of the building is going to smaller than the whole final image. If the building seats in the middle of the final image there will be "space around it" so you need to render the building the size you really need only. If your building will be 20 x 15 inches in the final image, then you need a render of 6000 x 4500 pixels.

6.- Rendering such big files take a long time. So if you need something quicker to render you will need to compromise in quality. Say for instance that your final image will be printed at 150 dpi instead of 300 dpi. In that case you final image (A0) will be only 6900 x 4950 and the rendered image would be smaller as well.

7.- If that is still to much, the you will have to consider printing at even lower resolution 100 dpi or 72 dpi, hence reducing the size in pixels of the final image and the rendered image AND loosing quality.

8.- You can suggest your client a (more realistic) smaller final image with better quality, say an A3 sheet at 300 dpi (4800 x 3300 pixels).

Timmatron, have you tried the free download of that plugin?

I just tried them, I got a big image 2500pix size reduced to 800pix, then I blow em up using this digital fractal plugins, and the result is just the same as if I just enlarge the 800pix direct from photoshop!!

If you are interested in the plugins don't buy just yet, try them out first. Surely doesn't work for me

thanks Hector, thanks all guys,,,

A0 size print is to put on site .. so 100 dpi or 72 dpi is enough,,,

i thinked bout going to site n take the pic myself , but my cam is

5 megapix, n it also gives only 25** X 2*** , so no use , other wise i need to pay for any photographers... any way im going composit my render to the file which client gaves me ,

like Hector said, for putting at site board ,illl resize the final

to 5*** X 4*** on 100 dpi.

If you have only 5mpix camera, try to take them as a tiled stiched photos (take 4 shots or more and combine them into single image using panorama maker / stitching software)

That should bring the resolution up significantly. 2500 pix wide on single image, when you took 2 pics stitched horisontally, they will be up to around 4000 pix

(remember to use longer lens and allow 1/3 overlap between photos to reduce distortions)

4000 pix taken using tiff / hi res jpg should be enough to be blown up to a0 size.

There should be a discussion about photostiching / panoramic image in this forum quite a while ago.

maybe not an answer to this question, but an interesting option to blow up low res images.....

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator

i read about this in a mag last week. the guy who created this site was looking for a way to blow up low res images into posters without them looking to fuzzy. he started experimenting with the 'color halfotne' filter in photoshop. if you have never used that filter, it basically deperates the inks into dots, similar to what you would see in a newspaper or magazine. this allowed them to then blow up the image to almost anysize. so you will not have continous color, but it may look better than just resizing in photoshop.

they decided to atomuate the process for other people who wanted to do this. they wrote a nice little flash app that is located at teh site above. i have yet to try out their service, but i may mess around with that technique in photoshop if the problem ever comes up.

the website version also divides the image into pages, and creates a pdf so you can print it out on your home printer, and paste the sheets back together to hang on your wall.