Dynamite Quay

1461841376.jpg

Studio/Institution: Roberts Limbrick
Genre: Residential Exterior
Software: Sketchup, 3DS Max, VRay
Description:

Some houses I did to impress a potential (now acutal) client...

Would have loved to have had time to populate the interiors with loads of furniture, but as is often the way with these things there just wasn't the time. Maybe the client will want to produce some brochure images sometime to promote them to potential buyers... Who knows?

All rendered at 6K with minimal postwork. The hill/golf course/church behind the site is all 3D.

Housetype%2BA%2B-%2B6%2BBed%2B-%2BCirca%2B5000sqft.jpg

Housetype%2BB%2B-%2B5%2BBed%2B-%2BCirca%2B4000sqft.jpg

Housetype%2BC%2B-%2B5%2BBed%2B-%2BCirca%2B3500sqft%2B2.jpg

The images look great. Nice work!

I mentioned this is another thread, but if that boat is docked or anchored, its sail need to be down. I understand the compositional reason for having it up, but it's a detail that immediately jumps out to me and I can't help thinking that there's a guy on that boat who doesn't know what he's doing. Perhaps you could put the boat further out in the water so that it's obviously sailing. That might also give the scene just a little movement.

I mentioned this is another thread, but if that boat is docked or anchored, its sail need to be down. I understand the compositional reason for having it up, but it's a detail that immediately jumps out to me and I can't help thinking that there's a guy on that boat who doesn't know what he's doing.

Hah! I totally understand. I just used the most appropriate stock boats I could find - but surely the story with the sail up is more fun? Can't you imagine the neighbors comments about "that moron that doesn't know his sail from his starboard"? ;)

Yeah, in the view from the dock (8th image), the people seem to be totally ignoring all the grinding and banging noises the boat is making as it tries to sail into the dock. :) Perhaps they should be looking and pointing at it. But then again, that may detract from the story of the architecture just a little bit.