Fantasy Game Weapon Challenge

anne1

Hi there,

So there is this event at CGTrader that's called "Fantasy Game Weapon Challenge" and I thought it may be interesting for many of you in here. It's main requirement is to make two kinds of weapons: melee and/or ranged. The best thing about it is that there are no limits as to what kind of weapon it has to be, so you can make an ancient type weapons, mage staffs, futuristic bows or, as they say themselves, a gun that shoots porcelain gnomes (no real world weapons though). Also, there are plenty of prizes, so if you are interested in it then go check it out:

https://www.cgtrader.com/challenges/fantasy-game-weapon-challenge

NIzfAcw.jpg

I do find it good practice to step out of the normal stream of work once in awhile, I usually end up learning some tricks that apply to my everyday work. Since arch viz can benefit from custom modeled furniture, this is right up the alley, could even end up with something that you might wish to hang on a wall or place in a flower pot in an arch viz scene.

I've played Destiny pretty heavily over the past few years, can't say that wouldn't influence the direction that I would choose to go.